G'day mate as our neighbours across the ditch would say in Australia!
COOL FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Australia is the world's 6th largest country by area!
- The Australian Alps get more snow than the Swiss Alps
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest eco reef system in the world
- 80% of the animals are unique to Australia
- A desert area known as the ‘outback’ covers much of Australia's land.
- Humans have lived in Australia for around 45000 years.
- The indigenous people of Australia are Australian Aborigines
- Australia has a number of spectacular rail/train journeys, one has the longest straight section of train track in the world. How cool is that!
- Animals from Australia are some of the most interesting in the world, from cuddly marsupials to a variety of birds.
Marsupial - carry their young in a pouch - do you know what animal does that in Australia... A Kangaroo!
Indigenous: people who are the original inhabitants or first people to have lived in the country. In New Zealand it was the Maori people. In Australia the Aborigines.
What Australian Animals do you know:
- Kangaroos, Koalas, Emu, Kookaburra, Platypus.
- Australia has 750 reptiles species more than any other country in the world!
Look at this cute Koala playing with a butterfly!
- Gizmo is groomed by Jana at Shaggy D'Tails in Devonport