Good Afternoon - I’m feeling very regal having just had cucumber sandwiches and a cuppa with Queen Elizabeth II OR as I call her Liz!
- Liz turned 93 on 21st April! Amazing huh… and she still works. She works more than her children, especially that Prince Andrew…he’s a scallywag!
- Liz actually celebrates her birthday twice! On her actual Birthday then again when the weather is better! I quite like that idea! When is your Birthday?
- Liz was crowned the Queen on 2 June 1953… that’s a long time ago… 68 years in total this coming June!
- 20 million people watched Liz being crowned…that was a long time before she appeared on Netflix!
THE PALACE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS
Liz told me she used to have Corgis, she has had 30 of them! That's a lot of 'Royal Poo Bags!'
I told Liz she should get a Shitzhu next time! We are much better looking, highly intelligent and I would keep her 'Royal Tootsies' warm at night!
- Liz invented a breed of Dog called the ‘Dorgi That’s a cross between a Corgi and a Dachshund!
- Liz has 2 Dorgis
- 1 called Vulcan (The Queen is obviously a Star Trek fan) and
- Candy.. (I knew Liz would have a sweet tooth!)
- Liz owns an elephant, 2x giant turtles, a jaguar and a pair of sloths!
These were gifts… they all live in the London Zoo. Do you have any Pets?
- Liz is the only person in the UK allowed to drive without a licence.
I wish she would tell a few people on the road here in NZ not to drive!
- I must get some tips from Liz as she is a bit of a social media guru sending her first email in 1976 and her first Instagram post in 2019!
- Liz loves her hobbies – horse-riding, pigeon racing, and football - she follows Arsenal!
- Liz has sent over 50,000 Christmas Cards – that’s a lot of envelope licking!
Check out the Queen OR Liz with James Bond!
MY HOME IS MY CASTLE
Oh I forgot to tell you, like any Queen, Liz has a Castle. It’s called Balmoral Castle, she owns another place called Sandringham House…it’s in Sandringham and…well it’s a house!
She does have some holiday homes - 6 in total! They are a bit like baches in New Zealand but a bit bigger!
- The Headquarters: Buckingham Palace
- The Country Home: Windsor Castle
- The Scottish Residence: Holyrood Palace
- The Summer Home: Balmoral Castle
- The Holiday Home: Sandringham Estate
- The Irish Residence: Hillsborough Castle
A Kid explains History...
I'm ready for another cuppa of Rosie Lee! That's tea in Rhyming Cockney... I asked Liz if she wanted to join me at the Rub-A-Dub (Pub)... but she politely advised me she was washing her hair! I think she is doing a Blue Rinse.
Cheerio - Toodle-pip