Selam greetings from Turkey! Turkey Is an ancient country that has been settled for more than 8,000 years!...That's a long time!
- Turkey has Roman ruins, huge cathedrals, and castles from the days of the knights and Crusaders. It is like stepping back in time - it's a really cool country!
- The largest city, Istanbul, used to be known as Constantinople! This beautiful, old city lies in both Europe and Asia.
16 Facts on Turkey
SONG: Fun song about Istanbul
- There are over 81 million people in Turkey! In New Zealand we have 4.8 million people
- Most people in Turkey are Muslim. We have many Muslims living in New Zealand in fact 1% of the population in New Zealand are Muslim
- Santa Claus OR St. Nicholas was born in Turkey in a place called “Patara”
- Turkey's DO NOT come from Turkey! Gobble Gobble Gobble!
- Turkey has 'National Children's Day' - I like the sound of that.. perhaps we should have that in New Zealand!
Geography of Turkey
240 year old Sweet Shop in Istanbul!
MAKE TURKISH DELIGHT | Microwave Version
MAKE TURKISH DELIGHT | Authentic Turkish Delight
Hoşçakal - [Goodbye in Turkish]