Buenas dias amigos [good morning in Spanish].
This is the home of the giant tortoise, iguanas (a big lizard), blue-footed booby (that's a bird with a very funny name!) and other cool animals. They also have Pink Flamingos.
My favourite TOY is Pinky the Pink Flamingo! You might see him on my travels!
Ecuador has some cool animals. These are just a few of them, see how many you have heard of:
- Mountain Lion
- Galapagos Sea Lion
- Andes Condor – the world’s largest bird
- American Crocodile
- Howler Monkey - these monkeys are sooo funny and boy do they Howl!
You can also find llamas in Ecuador, they migrated to South America about 3 million years ago! Wow… they are really old!
- Llamas look really cute, but they often spit, and it's rude to spit!
- Did you know that llamas are pregnant for almost a year!
Do you like bananas? Ecuador exports bananas along with oil, roses, broccoli, and shrimp. I've never seen so many beautiful coloured roses in Ecuador... they last a long time as well!
Broccoli is good for you and makes you strong just like Maui!
- Ecuador exports coffee, that's the rich dark drink your parents drink all the time... especially after a late night! It sometimes makes them a bit cranky!
- Ecuador exports cacao which is used to make chocolate. I'm not allowed to eat chocolate as it would make me very sick. Sometimes my mum eats it... I have noticed her eating more chocolate in the last few days!
NEW WORD: Export - When a country sends goods to another country so they can sell them.
In New Zealand we send or export things like cheese, meat, fruit, wine and fish, as well as lots of other stuff!
COOL VIDEOS TO WATCH
- Meet Vanessa from Ecuador!
- Guinea Pigs in Costume: BIG PEOPLE PLEASE NOTE: you may want to stop the video just after the Beauty Contest Winner is announced as Guinea Pigs are also a traditional dish in Ecuador! Guinea Pigs in a Beauty Contest
Children Racing Llamas
Times for a siesta [afternoon rest OR sleep in Spanish]
Adios [Goodbye in Spanish]
- Gizmo groomed by Jana at Shaggy D'Tails in Devonport